Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I'm one of "those" people.

One thing I've learned by being poor is to not judge other people so harshly.

I never realized that I was doing it until now.  I used to look down at others who were using government assistance for food, then buying alcohol and other things.  "Well if you can afford alcohol, why can't you afford food?"

I became one of those government assistance using, alcohol buying people yesterday.

We bought three WIC checks worth of food, and then I bought my best friend a $3 bottle of wine for her birthday.  And the whole time I kept thinking "I'm one of those people..." and kept worrying about what other people were thinking about me.

It reminded me that even though a situation seems open and shut, you don't always know the whole story!

No comments:

Post a Comment