Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April Showers bring... Sunflowers!

Introducing... my first blog-project!

A lovely sunflower cake...
















made with...
















...adorable Peeps!

It was really easy.  I made a chocolate fudge cake according to the back of the box, let it cool completely, then frosted it with chocolate icing.  Then I just arranged the Peeps around the outside to look like a sunflower!

I can't take all the credit for this idea.  My friend Ellie told me about this a couple of years ago, and I think she got it out of some kind of creative baking recipe book.  I finally got around to trying it, and I LOVE the way it turned out.  So cute!

If you are going to try it also, NOW is the time... I almost didn't find any yellow Peep chicks left at Walmart.  So go buy some Peeps (I would suggest two packages if you want them spaced like mine, three if you want them closer together.) and get started, and then let me know how it went!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Cool! That's better than "peep wars" to get rid of extra peeps. You put two peeps in the microwave with toothpicks stuck in them... when they expand they poke each other and they supposedly explode. It doesn't work.

    I love the blog name you came up with.

    ReplyDelete